- are a native english speaker (or just good in english)
- have limited amount of time
- but still want to contribute
The full Pharo Mooc with english voices is now available
we are very proud to announce the availability of PharoPro, a company that offers professional support for the pharo platform. Our mission is to enable people and companies to secure their business when building products with pharo.
We have been tinkering with the idea creating it for a long time. We talked to a lot of people, especially at last ESUG in cologne and finally decided to do it. So at the end of last year we founded the company PharoPro. Obstacles (one being covid-19) kept us from make it public until today.
In close relationship with the pharo consortium our mission is to extend the market opportunities for pharo.
Although PharoPro is new and still small we want to show our commitment to the consortium and the community from the start. We decided therefor that PharoPro will join the pharo consortium as platinum member.
Our plans apart from support contracts is to have an LTS (long term support) version of pharo, create a professional pharo ecosystem with libraries and frameworks and to help out building the infrastructure pharo needs.
We are still shaping up. We want to know your requirements and needs that help us deciding what are the most needed things. So you might visit
and then come talk to us.
Best regards and health,
Yes we know that the first videos were only in french and just that you know uploading subtitles is not magic and instantaneous. If you want you can pay us to do it faster!
Now we worked a lot and we have the first week of the mooc in english (voice) and french and they have all the subtitles in Japanese, Spanish, English and French (thanks luc for this achievement – yes youtube interface is not optimal).
– Playlist en français: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2okA_2qDJ-k83Kxu_d8EPzMXtvCrReRn
– Playlist in english: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2okA_2qDJ-kCHVcNXdO5wsUZJCY31zwf
Feel free to be happy and to thank us.
I know some of you know what is work and free ressources of excellent quality.
Hernan Morales announced that he can now load .shp file in Pharo 8!
The videos subtitle will be added… but it takes time. And the english videos and the new videos for the live sessions.
NovaStelo is inspired from StarLogo and Scratch, more precisely StarLogo on the book “Turtles, Termites, and Traffic Jams” and Scratch 1.4. Both are of Resnick’s great works.
NovaStelo is built on Pharo Smalltalk 8.0. Almost all Model and UI are rewritten using Spec2.
This version 0.9.1 improves Roassal3 in many different aspects. Here are the most relevants:
– A lot of class and method comments
– Improvement of the animation capabilities
– Improvement of Chart, the charting library
– Better highlighting mechanism
– Added some tests that check for the dependencies of Roassal3, just to make sure we do not introduce an unwanted dependency
– Improvement of the popup
– Better search in canvas capabilities
– Improvement of the force based layout
– Improvement of the stroke lines
– Many many more bugs fixes and small improvements…