To create our telegram bot in Pharo, the first thing we need to do is to create a new object that inherits from Bottlegram. This object must define at least these three methods:
- slashStart: to be executed when the bot receives /start.
- slashHelp: to be executed when the bot receives /help.
- defaultText: to be executed when the bot receives an unknown command.
The tool allows creating bots using two methods:
- Using polling: the bot check updates for an amount of time.
- Using webhook: Use this method to create a Teapot server to receive incoming updates via an outgoing webhook. Whenever there is an update for the bot, we received an HTTPS POST request to the specified URL
Github link: https://github.com/pablo1n7/bottlegram
If you use Telegram, do you test an echo bot in https://t.me/echo_pharo_bot