Dear Pharo users, lovers, businessers
April 2021. All this was announced at ESUG 2019 but not all of you may have known it.
- The consortium has been working to get Pharo in the database of the
CNRS platforms (CNRS is a huge research organisation in France covering all research fields. Guillermo Polito has a permanent position from CNRS allocated to the Lille University Lab and we want to convince the lab that having Guille working on Pharo is the best ROI that they can make).
- We also are pursing a process to be recognized by the University of Lille for the same reason. We are also working to get PharoPro out of the ground but this is another story.
- All these efforts in communication are done to secure people position.We have got many new academic members. Some should be announced soon.
Now THE announce.
During the last consortium meeting, we learned that David Margery (the Inria software manager that is managing around 10 ofconsortiums for Inria) wants to propose to Inria to allocate another permanent position to Pharo even if the consortium does not raise two full salaries.
We were excited by the news because such positions are rare and lifelong!
David is building a case to defend his proposal:
- first the pharo consortium is in a good shape – thank you all
- second, Inria is interested to “assess if Pharo is used”
ones) will really help our case: the fact that members are willing to pay to secure
the future of Pharo is the key indicator, the amount paid being only secondary.
have a strong multiplication effect and this will have an important impact on Pharo.
S. on the behalf of the consortium.