Rendering the Pillar markup inside the Pharo image
This is work in (early) progress, but I think it is far enough for a “technology preview”.
The goal of the project is to be able to do better in-image documentation. To do this, I am working on several fronts:
- Rendering more pillar, expecially I would like to get a solution for tables.
- Rendering github markdown in addition to pillar markdown. This will allow me to pull markdown from git and display it in-image.
- Giving the “help-system” some love.
- In-image tools for writing markdown – a markdown editor
- A design for keeping the mark-down texts seamlessly outside of the image
Reg. 1., I can only figure out how to transform a morphic table into an image, and then add that image to the text (not included atm as I find it so ugly a solution). Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.
Reg. 2. I am nearly done on this one, at least for the easy aspects (headers, lists, emphasis, code-blocks).
Reg 3 and 4. Only loose ideas atm.
Load it using Metacello:
Metacello new baseline: 'PillarRichTextRender'; repository: 'github://kasperosterbye/PillarRichTextRender'; load.
At the moment it will load the whole of Pillar, but I hope to fix that soon.
Once loaded, the class
PRRichTextComposer has some examples on the class side.