Some Pharo friends ask about the place Pharo consortium engineers were working on the Pharo VM: Here it is:
The current focus is
- [nearly done] headless Pharo for real https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/ann-pharo-headless-beta/
- [done] compiling with Pharo7.0 – it was done in the past but now it is reworking and will set the stage for future tools.
- [current] writing tests, tests and a bit more tests (and more tests) for everything even assembly generation and the rest
- [current] building tools to manipulate simulated code https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com/2019/08/03/ann-machine-code-simulation-in-pharo/
- [current] working on threadedFFI and writing tests 🙂
- [current ] putting in production a CI running the tests (else what is the point)!
- [current] cleaning the repo to be able to get agile moving.
You can also check the other branches about threaded and others.
A summary of my interaction with Guille, Esteban, and Pablo.