This is my weekly ChangeLog, from 3 April 2017 to 9 April 2017.
You can see it in a better format by going here: http://log.smallworks.eu/web/search?from=3/4/2017&to=9/4/2017
7 April 2017:
* Fixed the small but annoying [issue 323](https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg/issues/323)
(DNU when creating a local repository )
* Today I’m working on [Iceberg](http://github.com/npasserini/iceberg).
I fixed a bug on locating existing repositories for +gitlocal:+ Metacello protocol, but most amusing,
I added a new plugin: “Install Baseline”, who allows you to install a project from a baseline listed in
“Packages” tab from repositories browser.
6 April 2017:
* I worked a lot preparing the new deployment model for VMs.
Basically, now it will be like this:
* nightly builds will be still built by our CI (to produce test VMs)
* latest VMs will be produced on opensmalltalk-vm, using blessed sources.
* stable VMs will be promoted by me 🙂
I’m thinking on change a bit this scheme, but for now it will work like that.
Then, we still need to fix one problem with a primitive… and we will be good to go.
* I worked on [case: 19921](https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19921), to allow Athens to run fine on 64bits (linux).
5 April 2017:
* I worked on +UnifiedFFI+, making sure different architectures of linux (i386, x86_64) will have methods to
find their libraries.
In particular, I added: +#unix32ModuleName+ and +#unix64ModuleName+. Both are redirecting to
+#unixModuleName+ by default as a way to provide backward compatibility (also, libraries could)
be in same place in different architectures, like the case of libraries distributed by ourselves
(libgit2, libssl, libssh2, libsdl2).
4 April 2017:
* I made some fixes on [Iceberg](https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg)... in particular, this two issues:
* [Issue 317](https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg/issues/317), which adds the posibility of removing a package from FileSystem.
* [Issue 319](https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg/issues/319), forcing unix line endings to commit messages (as is required by git).
* I fixed a problem when building the VM for Windows: thing is, as it was, it was building cairo library without
freetype support, so frameworks like Roassal to fail.
Problem was that pkgconfig was failing to find correct version of +freetype+ effectively letting it outside.
I needed to change the build script (for Windows) to this:
tar x -f $(CAIROARCHIVE) -C $(THIRDPARTYDIR)
cd $(CAIRODIR) \
&& ./configure \
CFLAGS=’$(THIRDPARTY_CFLAGS) -I$(THIRDPARTYINCLUDEDIR) -march=pentium4′ \
LDFLAGS=’$(THIRDPARTY_LDFLAGS) -L$(THIRDPARTYLIBDIR) -march=pentium4′ \
FREETYPE_LIBS=”-L$(THIRDPARTYLIBDIR) -lfreetype -lz” \
FREETYPE_CFLAGS=”-I$(THIRDPARTYINCLUDEDIR) -I$(THIRDPARTYINCLUDEDIR)/freetype2″ \
&& sed -i ‘/.* sh .\/make-/i\\ttest -e \$$\@ \&\& rm \$$\@’ test/Makefile \
&& make \
&& make install
Now averything seems working.