HAL is not Inria specific, here is some more infos (from https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr ):
HAL is an open archive where authors can deposit scholarly documents from all academic fields.
I have setup a collection at HAL. For now it is empty, we should fill it and then add it to the website (and announce it then, not now…).
The collection automatically has every paper on HAL that has “PHARO” as a keyword in the field “Project/Collaboration”.
To the attention of the authors
• The deposit must be made in agreement with the co-authors and in the respect for the policy of the publishers.
• The deposit is subject of a control, HAL reserves the right to refuse items that do not meet the criteria of the archive.
• Any deposit is definitive, no withdrawals will be made after the on-line posting of the publication.
• Text files in pdf format or image files are sent to CINES (https://www.cines.fr/en/) for long-term archiving.
To the attention of the readers
• In a context of electronic distribution, every author keep all its intellectual property rights.