Hi, we are releasing a new version of Iceberg, with several new features and bugfixes. I would’t yet say that is 100% production ready, but it is close, so I want to invite you to test it and provide feedback.
You can install it by doing:
More installation instructions and documentation can be found at https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg.
Some of the new features in this version are:
– Allow to commit several packages together in the same commit.
– Show diffs for incoming and outgoing commits (i.e. before push/pull you can browse the difference between the remote and the local versions).
– New History view allows to see any commit in any branch and compare it to the current loaded version.
– Better support for interacting code loaded outside Iceberg (smaltalkhub, filetree, gitfiletree, etc).
– From the diff view, revert changes or browse them (i.e. open a Nautilus on the changed class/method).
– Automatically update presentations on code / repository changes.
– Integration with Metacello, i.e. after installing Iceberg you do something like
Metacello new baseline: 'TaskIt'; repository: 'github://sbragagnolo/taskit'; load.
(By default) it will be loaded using iceberg (there is a setting to avoid it if you prefer traditional behavior.
– Improved handling of git errors.
– Improved performance for several operations.
– Improved documentation.
– … and several bug fixes and other minor improvements (please look at https://github.com/npasserini/iceberg/milestone/7?closed=1 for more details).
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any doubts.