Torsten Bergmann announced two weeks ago two new components for Seaside Bootstrap http://twitterbootstrap.seasidehosting.st.
In case you missed it: Bootstrap for Seaside has two new components:
For the full demo visit: http://pharo.pharocloud.com/
Here is the old announce of the system made by Torsten
there are various frameworks out there helping you to ease common tasks in web development.
One of them is Bootstrap (http://getbootstrap.com) that is used more and more to easily style
web sites and web applications.
We had wrappers for Bootstrap supporting Seaside in the past already:
– the TwitterBootstrap project on SS3 from the Seaside team
– the TBootstrap project from Gaston Dall Oglio
Unfortunately these projects are not up to date with the latest Bootstrap version,
not covered by tests, had no docu or examples, no CI, …
To provide better support for Bootstrap and Seaside3 development I created a fresh project
called “Bootstrap for Seaside” (or “Bootstrap” for short).
This new project is
– nearly feature complete regarding components (Nav, Navbar, Jumbotron, Buttons, Alarms, Layouts, …)
– uses the latest Bootstrap libraries (http://getbootstrap.com)
– covered by more than 160 tests
– completed with an example browser that shows Bootstrap components and according Smalltalk code
– available at STHub (http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap)
– documented (see mentioned project website on STHub) with docu support for PharoOnlineHelp and catalog
– controlled by CI (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Bootstrap/)
– easily loadable using config browser in Pharo 2.0
Attached are some screenshots from the project itself.
More details can be found in the more docu at the project site on SmalltalkHub. Just scroll down at the
info page provided there.
You can easily load it in a fresh Pharo 2.0 as “Bootstrap” from the config browser. It loads Seaside3
as a dependency. After loading evaluate
ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
to start the webserver and go to http://localhost:8080/bootstrap to browse the samples.
Feel free to use it for your next Pharo/Seaside/Bootstrap based web project and thanks in advance
for any contribution you may give to the project in the future.