About a month ago Nicolas and Damien announced their work on Ubuntu to install Pharo VM.
Nicolas Petton and Damien Cassou are proud to announce Ubuntu packages for the Pharo VM. Installing the pharo vm is now just a matter of:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cassou/pharo
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pharo-vm
With this package, you get:
– the latest pharo vm as a ‘pharo’ binary in the PATH
– all plugins and libraries (native boost, freetype, ssl, …)
– file association so you can just double-click on pharo images
– pharo icons visible everywhere (on image files, on ALT+TAB…)
– PharoV10.sources and PharoV20.sources
Please fill bug reports on https://pharo.fogbugz.com.
This package is currently only available for Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal.
Fill a bug report if you want me to package it for another version of